Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Organic Etsy

I'm starting to realize that this adventure on Etsy is a very organic process. I'm evolving what I make slowly by seeing what works and what doesn't. For instance, I really enjoy making aprons, but Etsy is flooded with aprons - a few hours after you post an apron it is lost in the mix, already so far down the list it's on page 3 or so. My single little apron listing doesn't stand a chance against the throngs of other aprons out there! I needed to find something that wasn't in great supply on Etsy.

And who would have thought anyone would want a toaster cover made by yours truly? But its been moderately popular and has led to requests for other items, such as this handy dandy four-slice toaster cover to the right. As a matter of fact, one person received one of my toaster covers for Christmas from her sister - she liked it so much she sent me an e-mail requesting a coordinating KitchenAid Mixer Cover! That was a great feeling - I actually made something someone liked! It was quite shocking.

So there you go - a simple request from my stepmom has turned into my current Etsy sweet spot. It makes me excited for the future - who knows where things will go from here? What will be my next endeavor? Suggestions welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment